Friday, January 22, 2010

Baby Food Update



We're two weeks in to rice cereal and oatmeal and just about to introduce some fruits and veggies. Tessa has taken a bit longer to get used to eating solid food than Max. I'm not surprised at all, but it took him about two days to figure it out. Now, I can't get it in his mouth fast enough! He loves it. I think Tessa likes the whole experience more than the food itself. She loves sitting in her chair. She smiles and opens wide when the spoon comes in her direction, takes the food in her mouth and then promptly spits most of it back out. She's eating a little more day by day and definitely likes oatmeal more than rice cereal.

I think I'll give butternut squash a try this weekend. It might sound like I'm crazy, but I am going to try making their food myself at first and see if can keep it up for a while. I like the idea of fresh fruits and veggies going into their system, but mainly I'm trying to save some pennies. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: