Monday, November 15, 2010

Hoosier



This year was the 20th anniversary of the Indiana University Dance Marathon and 10 years ago, I was lucky enough to be involved in planning the event. I headed back to IU on Saturday to celebrate the anniversary and catch up with some college friends. The picture above is of our 4:00 am Mad Mushroom cheese sticks! Visiting the Marathon was a blast and it was an evening full of laughs with some old friends. It was a short trip, but it was packed full of fun! And, to top it all off, IUDM raised over $1.6 million dollars for Riley Hospital for Children. I'm hoping that Duke and I can head back together next fall with some friends for some more college fun.

For my fellow IU Alumni reading the blog, here are a few things I noticed/learned while back on campus:

Kilroys on Kirkwood has been totally renovated and now has a top floor with big leather booths where kids order bottle service. Yes, bottle service.

La Bamba is gone. No more "burritos as big as your head." Several people had a hard time accepting this news this weekend.

The fanny pack is back! I didn't get the memo, but apparently neon fanny packs are all the rage with college girls. We saw them. Lots of them.

It's not a s fun to sing the fight song at the bar on the day your team looses 83 to 20.

No comments: