Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July Weekend





Pics:
Me, Grayson and his godfather, Mike (Kelly's brother)
Grayson swimming at Grandpa Mowrey and Grandma Sassy's
Grayson and his Mommy & Daddy (on Grandpa and Sassy's beautiful deck)
Grayson, Grandpa & Snuggies (she loved playing with Grayson)

We had a great weekend in Pittsburgh. We got to see lots of family, had Grayson's baptism and enjoyed really nice weather for the entire trip. We arrived at my parent's house on Thursday night and the guys played golf Friday and Saturday. We went to my sister-in-law Kelly's parent's house Friday night. It was great to see all of her family and have some tasty cook-out food. After the cook-out, we went downtown with Adam and Kelly and had a great time!! We made two stops, the The Claddagh Irish Pub in South Side Works and Fatheads on Carson St. We really wish we could hang out with them more often. Saturday night we had looked at some old pics that my grandparents brought with them on slides. It was so fun to see my mom as a kid, mom and dad as a young couple and there were also quite a few photos of Adam and I as kids. I think Duke enjoyed seeing these more than anyone. Sunday was the baptism and lunch at my parents house. My beautiful godson was a perfect angel at the baptism...he loved the organ music. Lunch was awesome with some great pulled pork that Adam and Kelly made and it was topped off by my mom's famous gigantic flag cake! I can't believe that I didn't get a picture of it. We also had two fires in my dad's new fire pit that he put together for the weekend which I loved and so did the neighbors. The little girl who lives next to my parents, Sophie, was celebrating her birthday and came over with all of her friends and cousins for smores. I always love going home to Pittsburgh and this trip was extra special because we got to spend so much time with Adam, Kelly and Grayson. Can't wait to go back in a few months to celebrate his 1st birthday!!

Here's a link to Adam's latest album of Grayson if you want to see some more pics of Grayson and the weekend.

No comments: