Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend






We had a great weekend here in Chicago. Friday, our friends Jorie and Jason were in town and the guys headed to a Cubs game. Jorie and I got to visit baby Ethan for a while on Friday afternoon. He is doing wonderfully and is the cutest little thing. We are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets to go home to his very cute nursery soon.

Friday night, Jorie, Alison, Laura, Anna and I went to Fifty/50 for dinner and then back to Laura's house. It was such a treat to hang out with all the IU girls and Anna is so much fun to be around. I think I've said this before, but her smile is the sweetest thing in the world.

Saturday night we headed to our friend's Sarah and Brian Hood's for their housewarming party. They have been remodeling their home over the past year and had a few people over now that they are finished. It looks amazing!! They did a wonderfully job and I know they're glad to be done and just enjoying their home. We headed out to Moonshine and then Merkle's where it's always fun and I get my dancing fix for a while:)

Sunday was the perfect day. We went for our first brunch experience at Juicy Wine Co. and it is AWESOME! Duke was in heaven. Very good Bloody Mary's, chicken and waffles, omelets, we wanted everything on the menu. After brunch we headed to our place to hang out for a bit and then Beas and Jack joined us to go to the Wicker Park street fest. I had not been to this street fest before and I was surprised at how nice/big it was. They had two stages, lots of fun tents and the park was the perfect spot to sit and take it all in. Little Jack is growing up so fast. I'm not sure who had more fun on the playground, Jack or Uncle Duke. We hung out for a while to catch the Charlie Hunter Trio band and then headed home. It was a beautiful day and the perfect end to our very fun weekend.

Is it Friday yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...Duke's shirt says it all. Looks like you had a great time - I'm sorry we were too out of it to join you!