Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Nursery - Phase One








We had the BEST weekend working on the nursery. My parents came in for the weekend to help with the transformation. My mom helped me sew the most beautiful drapes, pillows and a fabric ottoman. I just love how they look in the room. My dad helped Duke fix up and paint the cheap dresser we found at a resale shop. It's going to be the changing table. We also had the room painted and it immediately made the room look brighter which was good considering how small the room is. We quickly realized that the room is going to be pretty crowded, but we're making it work.

We got a lot done this weekend and just have to work on some finishing touches like shelves artwork and we are waiting for our rocker to be re-upholstered (we're keeping our fingers crossed that it will fit!). Oh...and we also put up the second crib in our bedroom. We'll have the babies sleep in there with us for a few months. Lastly, even though this wasn't for the babies, my dad was a HUGE help to Duke putting brick down on our downstairs back patio. I forgot to take pics of that, but we'll get some up when it's finished.

We could not have done all of this work without my parents. Every time they come to help us with our home to-do lists, we have such a wonderful time and we learn so much from them. I'm really looking forward to having some more space so I can get a sewing machine and start making a few more things. Duke always gets some good handyman lessons from my dad. We can't thank them enough. I wish we could see them more often, but when we do, we always make the most of it. Thanks mom and dad (special thanks to you dad for agreeing to change the ceiling fans!), we love you!

I put some pics in the post. The first one is a before picture and then a few from the weekend and the after shots. Click here to see all the pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! The room is completely transformed. Can't wait to catch up with you tonight!