Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby Shower







This past weekend, my wonderful girlfriends Jorie, Alison and Shannon hosted a fabulous baby shower for me and the twins. The shower was at PJ Clarks on Armitage and the room was perfect. I highly recommend this location for any type of party.

The flowers were from Shannon's garden and were beautiful. The cake and cookies were delicious and the menus and cake decoration matched the invites (menus, invites and thank you cards were all made by Shannon, along with some bath towels for the babies...she's one talented girl!). It was so wonderful to have my family and friends there to celebrate the babies. My family came into town from Ohio and Pittsburgh, Jorie and Shannon came in from Indianapolis and Cosette came in from Champaign. It was such a great day and we received so many wonderful gifts for the babies. My mother recovered a bassinet that was first used to carry my grandmother and all the babies in the family since then have spent a little time in it. It is just beautiful. My mom also gave me a door stop that my grandmother made years ago that has a little girl and a little boy on it...perfect for the nursery.

The weather was beautiful and all the guys got to play golf while we were at the shower and Duke and I got lots of family time with everyone over the weekend. My brother, sister-in-law and their two kids, Grayson and Lily, stayed with us and we had a blast. Duke and I always wish we could spend more time with them. Grayson is tons of fun and Lily is just the cutest little girl. I just loved seeing Grayson play with Jorie's girls when they stopped by on Sunday. I've posted an album below, but still need to add a few pics. I definitely didn't want the weekend to end.

Thank you to everyone who came to the shower, hosted, traveled and most of all, thanks for already having so much love for the babies!!

No comments: