Monday, August 31, 2009

Max Alan and Tessa Louise Cranley




I'm posting this much later than I thought I would, but I finally have a second to introduce our beautiful babies on our blog. Max Alan and Tessa Louise Cranley were born on August 14th, 2009. Both were 6 lbs 14 ozs. Max was 20 inches and Tessa was 19 inches. It all happened pretty quickly. I started having contractions in the morning, we went to the hospital around 9am and they were in our arms by 1:30 pm.

The c-section delivery went very well. I did end up with an infection that was pretty hard to deal with for several days and I ended up in the hospital for a week. But, that's all over and I'm almost feeling back to normal. The babies are doing great. Tessa lost a bit too much weight in the hospital, so we're focused on plumping her up these first few weeks. She goes back into the doctor for her second weigh-in on Wednesday and we hope she will be back up to her birth weight by then. Max is our little piggy and just wants to eat all the time. His weight gain is just fine.

We have been trying to adjust to taking care of two babies. We've had really good days and some not so good days, but we are learning a ton and each day gets a little bit easier. Max and Tessa are just amazing and I could just stare at them all day!!

We have been so lucky to have so many cards, visitors, calls from friends and family. We have had a ton of support and it has meant the world to us. My BFF Jorie was there to lend a hand the day they were born. My mom is staying with us for a few weeks which has been a lifesaver. My Chicago girls have been a huge help by making us meals a few days a week and our friends Robin and Mike even made a trip to meet the babies from Michigan. We couldn't ask for a better support sytem as we navigate through this experience. THANK YOU to all of you who have helped us!!!!

I'll try to keep up with the blog to update you on the babies in between feedings and changings. Here is an album of the twins and there are a few pics above.

Twins - second album

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You make beautiful babies Mrs. Cranley!!

Heather said...

Congratulations Sarah and Duke, they are beautiful!
Heather Glynn

Heather said...

Congratulations Sarah and Duke, they are beautiful!

Heather Glynn